This song came together in only about five hours one evening.
I named it "Amalgam" because it
combines two or three different riffs from other unfinished songs.
This was the first time I had recorded my guitar with distortion,
and I think it turned out pretty well.
This high-energy piece has had quite an involved history, progressing through (I believe) four guitars, two amps, and several years. The main melody began as a far more rudimentary
four-note riff that has since evolved quite a bit as my technique and guitars have improved. I wrote the MIDI backing around the middle of my senior year
of high school and played it live for the first time at Charlie's high school graduation toga party. By then, the piece had almost reached
its final form, but I didn't attempt to record it until about a year later later when I bought a new overdrive pedal. This song was
one of the reasons I bought it, and I think it fits well.
This is a short, simple little fingerstyle piece that, like Amalgam, is the
conglomeration of a few nifty riffs I had been working on. I think they fit together quite
well. Out of all the songs I've posted, this piece has probably the largest percentage of
pure guitar playing; only the drums are MIDI.
This isn't so much a song as a quick musical experiment. I had
just bought Line 6's
PODxt, and after playing a bit,
I created a nice clean, shiny tone with a slight reverb that I liked a lot.
This recording is just a test that turned out better than I expected.
This song started out as a guitar piece that I later rewrote in my computer into what you
hear today. I entered this piece in a statewide contest and I got to the finals as one of
the top ten music pieces in the state. Unforutnately I didn't win, but at least I got there.